A Friday Love Letter to the World

"To know me is to love me."
(Author unknown)

"To love me is to know me."
(Kev ThaProject)

I've often said I'm not for everybody, that everybody doesn't "get me"... I consider myself to be an "acquired taste."
And I can't even tell you why. I mean, I think I'm pretty awesome. Reasonably intelligent, reasonably funny, reasonably easy on the eyes... there's something for everyone, right?
But someone will read that statement and say I'm conceited and full of myself. Now, do I exude an air of confidence? Absolutely! I spent so many years being painfully shy, suffering from low self-esteem, full of insecurities and now that I know who I am (in Christ), I'm letting my light shine!

Those who love me, know that about me. 

To love me is to encourage me to be free. To love me is to encourage me to be ME!
To make demands, place conditions or attempt to control me with "love" is criminal!

So many OTHER things...
Infatuation
Manipulation
Obsession
Insecurity
Lust
Jealousy
(the list goes on)
masquerading as Love...
Naw...

So, you say you love me... well, what exactly do you mean?
Does it mean that you are good to me, as long as we agree?
You tell me that you love me... but that's when things are well.
So what is it you feel for me when we're going through hell?
You tell me that you love me, then try to box me in...
Trying to control me is no way to be my friend.
To love me is to love enough to want me to be ME!
To love me is to love enough to love to see me free!

Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, Love does not boast, Love is not proud. Love does not dishonor others, Love is not self-seeking, Love is not easily angered, Love keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails...


Accept no substitutes,


Kev ThaProject

Comments

Popular Posts