A Penny For Your Thoughts


As an avid reader and wordsmith, I'd first like to begin by saying how much I have enjoyed this blog, since its inception. Andrea Y. Jones has quickly become my favorite author and favorite celebrity figure... add that to the fact that I actually know her ( and I let everyone know that I know her), I'm anticipating an uptick in my personal popularity numbers (trust me, they can only go up...)
So, I've been invited to contribute to this fine blog and, not being the type of person who likes to take without giving back, I've decided to accept the invitation. Once I accepted the invitation, it dawned on me that I had no clue what the heck to write about... however, after much prayer and supplication before the Lord, meditation in an Indian sweat lodge (also known as my master bathroom) and intense self-consultation (AKA talking to myself), I've settled on the appropriate subject matter: My observations.
Yep. That was the best I could come up with. And while the prospect of being subjected to MY thoughts and processes may not have aroused your endorphins just YET, I'm hoping that you'll hang around long enough to find out if my take on everyday events and occurrences amuses you as much I amuse myself. Trust and believe... I crack myself up!
But Andrea Y. Jones has entrusted YOU, her readership, to ME... which is an indicator that to me,  she has a pretty high opinion of me!
Which brings me to my first subject... Opinions.
There's an old saying, that goes, "Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one." I'm no exception to that saying... I have both. Still, I'm not sure it's entirely true... in fact,  it's my opinion that somewhere out there is someone with no a**hole. But I guarantee he has an opinion about it!
Well, I have opinions about EVERYTHING. And I welcome the opportunity to share my opinions, early and often. Which, in some opinions, makes me opinionated. Which bothers me... some. Because, I ALWAYS express myself respectfully, intelligently AND I respectfully allow others to respectfully and intelligently express theirs. It is MY opinion that most opinionated folks simply try to force THEIR opinion down someone else's throat, being disrespectful and being (in my opinion) an a**hole! That's right... my opinion is that opinionated people are typically a**holes (there goes that connection again)!
But what if being opinionated is simply being one who always has an opinion, even if they ALWAYS express said opinion, intelligently and respectfully?
Hmm... I'll have to think about that one. In the meantime, please be patient with me while I figure out if I'm a very observant and thoughtful person who enjoys sharing his thoughts and enlightening the world... or if I'm just an a**hole, like so many others. Either way, I'm sure I'll have an opinion about it

Kev (ThaProject)

... more on that later

Comments

  1. I'm sitting here cracking up, looping back around getting lost in the maze of your thoughts about opinions. LOL You know you're going to have to follow up and give us more on this right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts